Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Owl Always Love You...

Hi! Hope everyone is having a great week so far! I have been wanting to try felt on a card and last time I was at Michaels I saw a pack of these sweet felt owls and some cute notecards for Valentines and paired them up for this card...I liked the design on the notecard so I cut the front off and put it on a slant with the cute little owls in the corner nice and cozy...then to mimic the wavy lines and light blue on the notecard front I added some ric rac...I had to name this post "Owl Always Love You"...My favorite version of "I'll Always Love You" was by Dolly Pardon...Then of course Whitney Houston brought it back in Body Guard...Wow thats all going back a while isnt it?
Have a great day! Now you know I had to go find some Dolly singing that song!

7 comments:

PennyH said...

Very cute!!! Love those little felt owls! And I have to agree...thats a great song. Have you seen the new 99 cent Recollections embellishments? I just bought a pack of these really pretty metal butterflies that come with 4 in the pack. They're beautiful. I keep visiting your blog to see if you've created anything with the new stickers yet. I love what you create with these embellishments.

Cookie said...

Hey PennyH!
I was going to email you but I dont see an email or blog addy...I will check out the Recollections next time I am there...I LOVE those great detailed embellishments they carry! The butterflys sound pretty I would love to make a card using them so I will keep an eye out..Thanks for visiting my blog!

PennyH said...

Hi again! My email is andyhall@frontier.com I don't have a blog, but I am on Splitcoast. My screen name is Penny Hall. The butterflies are like a pewter or antique brass...(not sure what you would call it. Lol!) But they are really pretty! While you are at Michaels, check out the clearance...my local Michaels had the other Recollections embellishments on clearance for 49 cents.

Cookie said...

Thanks Penny!
Penny Hall I know who you are on SCS! Thanks for your email I will check those out too! Have a great night and I am honored that you stop by my blog! Hugs...:D

LeAnne said...

These are TOOOOO cute! Makes me want to break out my owl punch that I haven't used yet!

Emily Leiphart said...

Eeek, those felt owls are awesome! Your card is wonderful and sweet, Cookie!

Anonymous said...

Those are so adorable! I love them.