Monday, January 3, 2011

Next Up: Valentines Day...

Hi! And before I get started on my card details I wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year! I was hoping to get a New Years card up but theres been alot going on however I did get a chance to make a couple of Valentines cards yesterday and this is the first one I am sharing with you...Martha Stewart has out her line of Valentines Day paper and embellishments and I thought they were pretty cute so I grabbed a few things and came up with this card...My only complaint was the chipboard hearts and keys that come with this arent compatible as far as the key teeth and key hole (I know I am picky!) I am surprised Martha didnt notice....So I ended up using the key with the heart that didnt have a keyhole in it...lol...so I guess it could mean I really dont have the key to this heart...lol...I know I overthink stuff when it comes to crafting sometimes...Its a curse...I ended up making a collage type card with the chipboard and using my cuttlebug swiss dots for texture...Stampin Up buttons were added with some gold thread cause I read Julie Ebersole one time say "never leave one's buttons nekked" shes so funny...A bit of ribbon was threaded through the key and thats my Valentines card for today! Thank you so much for stopping by and being patient on my late post in case you were checking...I appreciate you so much! Have a great day and 2011!
Supplies: Martha Stewart and SU Papers and Chipboard, SU Buttons, Gold Thread, Ribbon, Pop Dots and Cuttlebug with Swiss Dots

No comments: