Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Christmas....Beach Style...


This year I am doing a theme tree for Christmas....And to go along with the theme tree which is Beach Style I have just finished my wreath for the front door for our Beach Style Christmas Party this year...Which we are having at a cute little motel that we all treasure "The Tropical Manor" for my hubby's yearly family Christmas get together....I found this cute ceramic fish during the summer (which is the best time to shop for beach decor) and he is our main focus on the wreath....Found some white finger star fish on Ebay for a dollar each (a lot cheaper than the price at the craft store which are 4.99 ea.) I hot glued a piece of ornament wire on the back to thread the star fish through the wreath to secure them...With the door opening and shutting a lot you want to make sure this stuff stays put...
The white lights were added first there are 50 lights.  I got the hibiscus when they went on sale after the summer to add....The blue glitter ornaments which reminded me of the pretty blue ocean were found at Old Time Pottery...The glitter is on the inside which makes it better for not getting glitter all over your hands....I hope everyone likes the wreath for the party! I can't wait to decorate the tree and put up the rest of the stuff!  I have more photos I will post from the beach later on....Thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment:

Asiwriteibreathe said...

He, he, I love the idea. We actually have snow here in my little neck of the woods, so this makes me smile. Imagine celebrating Christmas in warm and even hot weather. I just can't unless I fly south someday. Never know. Love your fishy and the deals you got on the star fish too.

Seasons greetings to all your family and that special friend Mark.

Hugsxo Peggy