Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Let's Hang Out...

I had so much fun making this card...I LOVE bird cages and I found this stamp a while back in the dollar bin at Michaels...I have had this idea in my head for a few days and thought I better do it before I forget...My favorite style is clean and simple so I took one of my favorite stamps and paired it with that style...I first stamped, scanned and enlarged it just a big bigger than the orginal stamped image...colored the birds to go with the ribbon I wanted to use, punched a hole in the top part to add a jumper ring to string the ribbon through...Pop Dots were added to the back of the birdcages to secure them once I cut them out...I also did this on one sheet of paper and put that on top of the front of the card so you cant see the ribbon secured on the back...Fun and Super Easy! The inside sentiment will say "Lets Hang Out"...Thanks so much for stopping by today! Hope your day is tweet! :D
Supplies: Studio G Stamps, Stazon, Epson, Pop Dots, Ribbon, Jumper Rings, Watercolor Pencils

3 comments:

Emily Leiphart said...

Oh my goodness, Cookie, do I ever love this!! I want that stamp now. I really love the ribbon treatment and the placement of the cages!

Gabriela said...

Cookie - you amaze me every time. How ingenious of you to have scanned and enlarged your stamped image! I adore your CAS style - your pair of bird cages are sensational.

Helen F. said...

Found your Blog while commenting on Julie Ebersole's (thanks Julie!). Your cards are so AWESOME, Cookie. I have this cute bird cage stamp and just love idea....super cute! Bookmarking you so I can take lots of time to check out your fabulous posts :o)