Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy Brrrday!

Heres another clean and simple card for two of the challenges over at SCS! I just LOVE the clean and simple style...It really makes you think about how you can make the image stand out since the focus is all about the image...On this card I cut out the penguin and put him in between two pieces of torn paper (the front paper is popped up for dimension) then I added glitter snow to them for texture and sparkle...some orange bling was added to the cakes candle and a bit of ribbon for interest...Instead of putting the sentiment on the inside of the card I decided to use a toothpick to make a sign to stick in the snow. Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful week!
Supplies: Stampin Up Penguin Pleasantries, Halcraft and DCWV papers, Target Dollar Ribbon, Bling, Watercolor Pencils, Pop Dots, Toothpick, Glitter Snow


6 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

OMG, Cookie...this card made me giggle! It's so cute, and so beautifully executed. Your snow is awesome (I have that product, I think, and haven't used it yet--I'm going to now!)

Debbie said...

Holy cow is this cute! I love checking your blog. You make clean and simple look so easy, but I've tried and it's not easy at all.

Ann said...

Eeee! I love the snow and the tiny dot of bling on the candle! SO cute!

Pauline said...

This is such a cute card, Cookie, love the orange and white, and the snow is a great touch too :o)

Ali Manning said...

What a perfect CAS card, Cookie! I love all the details you managed to include, but still keep it uncluttered. It's wonderful!

Jennie M said...

WOW!! This is amazing Cookie! Your details are just perfect!! I *love* this card!! :)